Business case and strategic questions bundle – 3DMedLIVE 2019
CPD points awarded: 4.5
Cost: £90 (£108 inc. VAT at 20%)
With this collection of talks, learn how to justify your case for implementing a 3D printing service into your surgical practice: from the introduction of embedded hubs to outsourced services.
Hear from the experts about medical innovation and doctorpreneurship within the UK NHS and overseas, focusing on overcoming key adoption challenges, funding opportunities and scaling up effective processes.
With the business case and strategic questions collection, explore the benefits of adopting 3D printing into your surgical workflow, funding opportunities and the different models available, as well as how to investigate support, prototyping innovative devices and accelerating the adoption of 3D printing innovation within the NHS.
This bundle of talks is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England for 4.5 CPD points.
Talks included in this bundle
- Surgeons, radiologists and engineers: today’s patient care dynamic – Amy Alexander (Mayo Clinic, MN, USA) [30:04]
- Exploring the benefits of 3D printing in surgery – Amy Alexander (Mayo Clinic, MN, USA) and Joyce Lim (Alder Hey Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK) [21:37]
- What are the benefits of alternate models – insourcing/outsourcing your 3D printing – Tom Cosker (University of Oxford, UK), Amanda Isaac (Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK) and Danielle Maes (Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Birmingham, UK) [28:40]
- How do you fund your 3D printing lab? – Henry Pinchbeck (3D LifePrints, Liverpool, UK) [22:38]
- Developing and funding innovative 3D printing concepts – Richard Cooper (Knowledge Transfer Network, UK), Karen Livingstone (Innovation Exchange, UK) and Ian Newington (NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure, UK) [01:00:31]
- Starting and scaling medical 3D printing: the pain points – Daniel Crawford (Axial3D, Belfast, UK) [29:19]
- Supporting founder doctors and doctorpreneurs – Carol Read (NHS Digital Academy and University of Edinburgh, UK) [28:25]
- A national market access approach to accelerated adoption of technologies in the NHS – Michael Branagan-Harris (Device Access UK) [28:32]
- 3D printing in prototyping for medical devices – Alex Berry (Sutrue, UK) and Richard Trimlett (The Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK) [27:11]
Total length: 04:36:57
When you purchase access to the ‘Business case and strategic questions bundle’ from 3DMedLIVE 2019, you will have unlimited access to the recordings via your account on www.3medlive.com. If you do not already have an account, one will be created for you when you fill in the form below and you will have unlimited access to the purchased video via your member’s area. If you already have an account, the newly purchased videos will be added to your member’s area along with any other videos you have previously bought access to.
You will receive a CPD certificate via email after purchase – please note this can take up to a week to arrive.
Were you an attendee of 3DMedLIVE 2019? If so, you qualify for free access to these talks and shouldn’t use the form below. You will have been emailed a link to access these talks for free – please check your email or contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.